A limited number of pages per month is allotted to members based on membership level. See this page for details. We stock letter (8.5x11") and legal (8.5x14") size paper. For high-quantity or any other print jobs, FedEx on Market Street (one block from Impact Hub) is available.
Print jobs are locked behind release codes for user privacy. To print:
- Visit printdownstairs.hubbayarea.com or printupstairs.hubbayarea.com depending on which area you are sitting in.
- Select print options, enter your email address, and upload your PDF or point to file/URL.
- Wait for your request to process. When it is complete, the application will generate a six-digit code. You will also receive an email with the code.
- Physically enter the code on the touchscreen attached to the printer, then hit the “play” button. You will know it is working when you see the globe icon in the bottom right corner.
An industrial printer is available for a usage fee of 10 cents per copy. Please ask a Host for assistance.
- Place your document on the scanner and press the 'Scan' button on the printer console.
- Next, press the button in the middle of the touchscreen that says 'Manual Entry.'
- Enter your email address.
- Press 'Start' to scan the first page. If you need to scan additional pages, you'll have a short time to load the page and press 'Start' again. Otherwise, when all pages are done, press the '#' key.
- The scanner will create a PDF and send it to the email address specified.
- Using the Brother printer, select the scan mode using the 'Scan' button.
- Place your document on the scanner.
- Plug your own flash drive into the portal on the left side of the printer. If you don't have your own flash drive, feel free to use the one attached there.
- Using the arrow and 'OK' buttons, select 'Scan to USB.'
- Press 'Start' (select the color start button if you want to scan in color, or the black and white start button for black and white).
- After you've scanned the first page, the scanner will ask if you want to scan additional pages. Use the 1 and 2 keys to tell the scanner if you want to add additional pages.
- When finished, unplug the flash drive. Your file will be in the 'Brother' folder on the flash drive.
- Place your document on the scanner and press the 'Facsimile' button on the printer console, then enter the fax number.
- Follow the same instructions as for scanning to scan the document into the printer memory. Once done, press '#' or wait, and the document will be sent.
- Note that the machine does not automatically add a cover sheet.
2nd floor fax number: (415) 766-4676
Berkeley fax number: (510) 649-7722
To make simple copies, use the code 2684 to unlock either the upstairs or the downstairs printer.